Sure Grip - Avenger Aluminum plate
The Avenger plate offers a 45 degree action and full a customized feel for the skater.
Pivot pins are not factory adjusted. Always adjust the pivot pins so that the ball just touches the bottom of the Delrin pivot cup.
The pivot pin adjustment should be checked regularly once installed. Do not assume the pivot pin adjustment is correct if no
movement is felt when checking the adjustment. It could be adjusted longer than necessary. Pivot pins adjusted too long can
cause the skate to have an unpleasant “darting” feel when skating. If the pivot pin ball does not touch the pivot cup you will be
able to press down on the truck assembly and feel or see a slight movement of the pivot pin into and out of the cup. Adjust the
pivot pin until the pressure applied to the truck no longer results in this movement. When satisfied that the pivot pin is resting
with slight pressure in the pivot cup, secure the pivot pin lock nut firmly against the truck housing. NEVER skate your plates with
the pivot pin lock nuts improperly tightened. Loose pivot pins will self-adjust and possibly damage the threads in the trucks.
The DA45 truck is very unique when compared to other trucks on the market. Due to its extreme angle it must use a special set
of cushions, one “barrel” and one “conical” cushion. We developed a special urethane with 4 different hardness levels to fine
tune the action of your skate.
Blue – 72A
Yellow – 79A
Purple – 85A
Red – 93A
Tips for tuning your action.
1) Remember a stiff action may make a skater feel more stable initially, however, it has several adverse side effects. The
most important one to consider is the amount of force needed to make the skate do what you want it to do. The stiffer
the action, the harder you need to work to get the skate to turn. This effort can lead to premature wear or failure of
boots or worse, your feet. A simple rule of thumb. The stiffer the action, the more the SKATE controls where you are
going. The softer the action, the more YOU control where you are going. How is that again? You say you have
experienced a loose action behave like it has a mind of its own?? Not so. The skate is simply going where you tell it to
go and you are over correcting. The more you over correct, the more erratic the skating becomes.
2) The DA45 action turns more quickly and easily than any other design on the market. It will go exactly where you tell it
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it in its original condition, along with the original receipt to our store within 30 days for an exchange or refund. This policy does not apply to all items. Refunds will be given in the same tender as received for the purchase.
Items returned without a receipt will be given store credit.
Items returned due to customer error are responsible for all shipping costs.
Skates must be in original condition and cannot have been worn to skate in.
Custom skate orders can not be returned.
Other Items Returns
Items must be in their original packaging and in an "as new" condition.
Online Order Returns
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to return items purchased online.
Refunds take between 5-10 business days to process.
The Customer is responsible for all costs associated with shipping returns.
1. Measure Your Feet
You need a few things:
- A tape measure with measurements starting at the beginning of the tape, without a gap (ideally, a fabric tape measure).
- A wall (without moulding sticking out at the bottom)
- A box
Lay the tape out with the zero starting at the wall.
Step on the tape with your socks. Measure the longest part of your foot.
Place a box just at your toes, put your weight on the foot you are measuring, lean slightly forward, and give your toes a wiggle (if the box nudges forward a little that's fine!).
Gently move your foot off of the tape measure. Take note of the length to the nearest 16th of an inch or the nearest mm.
You are now ready to use our sizing calculator! Select your range in millimeters in the down menu menu below. If you have a size that is outside of the range listed below book an appointment so we can discuss what size is best for you.
IMPORTANT Notes about Fit
- Your skates will feel more snug than your street shoes! This gives you maximum performance and minimizes discomfort.
- Ideally, your toes will lightly brush the front of the skates when laced up. To get a true idea of fit, you need to lace up your skates. Lacing your skates pulls your heel back into the heel cup, and gives you a true idea of how much room you have in the toe box.
- Yes, your toes should really be touching the end of the toe box! This is to avoid the boots fitting too loose once broken in, and prevents blisters and discomfort in shins or calves. If you do not want a snug fit please adjust your size accordingly.
- This is intended as a guide and put together using the measurements from the manufactures. Unfortunately we can not guarantee the sizing, we highly recommend visiting a physical store to be sized in person to ensure the best fitting skate.
2. Select Your Brand and Size
Using the drop down menu below, please select the brand of skate or plate you are shopping for.
3. Shop For Skates!
Take note of your size, and start shopping!
If your size is out of range, please contact our customer service team for help finding your size.